1998 Honda Shadow ACE 750
The full designation for this bike is VT750CD which means it's Deluxe model. This means a two-tone paint job (Black and Pearl Canyon Copper), Chrome fork covers, engine heads, and chain guard. The bike also had a National cycle windshield and light bar, leather saddlebags. The bike fit April well as the previous owners had lowered the front forks, cut a coil out of the rear springs, and narrowed the handlebars. The seat had also been modified for short riders by Mean City Cycles. This was a great bike, but after owning it for a year, we realized it just wasn't getting ridden enough to justify keeping it so we sold it in the Summer of 2010.
- Engine: 745cc liquid-cooled, 52°, V- twin, single pin crank
- Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, three valves per cylinder
- Carburetion: Two 36mm diaphragm-type
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 130mm travel
- Rear Suspension: 90mm travel, dual shocks w/ five pre-sets
- Front Brakes: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 120/90 H – 17”
- Rear Tire: 170/80 H – 15”
- Wheelbase: 63.6 in.
- Seat Height: 27.6 in.
- Dry Weight: 505 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.1 gal