This year, one of our party decided to build a new stand. It involved driving across a muddy field, and carrying lots of heavy things where the trucks couldn't go, but we got it done. It may not be pretty, but it'll do the job. Hopefully his thumb will be healed up by Deer Season.
I also got to add a roof to one of my stands. It was pre-built for a different application, but we managed to re-configure it for this one.
We also managed to squeeze in some target practice and sighting in time. All in all one of our more productive prep weekends, and we had great weather for it!
the ramblings, musings, and tinkerings of Minsan Sauers.